East Midgard Trading Company
PURCHASING SCROLLS (1D20+CHA)
Magical spell formulae are well guarded trade secrets. That said, it is possible to find some for sale, though it takes time to search, 5 days of downtime.
First, decide what spell – or just spell level – you are looking for and adjust the die roll.
- Level 1-2 = -1 (50gp)
- Level 3-4 = -3 (250gp)
- Level 5-6 = -7 (2500gp)
- Level 7-8 = -11 (20,000gp)
- Level 9 = -20 (50,000gp)
- Paying 2x cost = +3
- Paying 5x cost = +7
- <= -5: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards… You are sent to a plane of oblivion. Create a new character.
- -4 – 2: You bear The Mark. Some slight has caused the market to hate you. You may not search for scrolls again for 120 days.
- 3 – 7: Dud. You spend the money, but were ripped off.
- 8 – 11: Nothing to find.
- 12 – 15: Settle for less. You find a randomly determined scroll of a level below what you were looking for.
- 16 – 18: Not exactly what I was looking for, but… You find a spell scroll of your class, but of a randomly determined level and spell.
- 19 – 23: Eureka! You find a scroll with the spell you were looking for.
- 24+: Find a sucker. You are able to purchase the scroll you are looking for at ½ the base cost (note that if you are paying extra for bonuses, then you still need to pay 2x or 5x of ½ the base cost)